Flax seedsFlax seeds
A super food, these small, brown, tan colored seeds are one of the richest sources of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids that is high in fiber but low on carbs.
Uses: Flaxseed is found in all kinds of today’s foods from bakery produce to breakfast cereals, shakes, smoothies and even salads or sprinkled over cooked vegetables (ground flaxseeds)
Storage: Ground flaxseeds has a lower shelf life (about 6-16 weeks) even when carefully packaged in a gas-flushed, light-protective pouch and refrigerated after opening. Whole flaxseeds, on the other hand, will typically last for 6-12 months when stored in an airtight container in a dark, cool dry spot. If directly refrigerated, they may last for 1-2 years.
Flaxseeds when grounded to are much more prone to oxidation and spoilage and hence it is recommended to refrigerate in an airtight container and use asap.
Garam MasalaGaram Masala
Garam masala is made of high quality whole spices sourced from our organic farms/best of origins. The spices are scientifically stored, processed and packed in such a way that they retain their wholesomeness/ goodness. No essential spice oils have been extracted from the ingredients.
- Organic Ingredients – Coriander seeds, Cumin seeds, Black pepper, Cinnamon, Dried ginger, Bay leaves, Fenugreek leaves, Cardamom, Red chillies, Cloves, Nutmeg, Mace and Rock salt.
- Calorific value –50 gm of Garam masala contains approximately 120 cal .The Garam masala has 0 cholesterol. A decent source of Potassium, Magnesium, Iron, Calcium and Vitamin B-6 with traces of Vitamin A ,Vitamin C , Zinc and Copper.
- Storage-Store in a cool dry place in an airtight container, can be also refrigerated. Its aroma and flavour lasts for 5-6 months from the date of manufacturing.
- Usage – 3 pinches can be added to 2 servings of subzi or dal towards the end of cooking. 50 gms is enough to spice up 30 servings
- The Garam Masala is Gluten free, further our spices are not blended at a factory setup which eliminates chances of adulteration with grains. It is sugar free.We have used only plant based products which makes our blend Vegan. The spices are tossed on gas before grinding.
- Tips-Very little quantity is required to be added to the dal/gravy/curry .The spices which we will add to our routine cooking by using this Garam masala is definitely going to benefit our health along with giving an extra zing to our routine dal and subji. It works best for Punjabi Gravy and Dal also.
- Did you know-Garam masala is a warm spice blend which elevates the production of gastric juices. The spices combined have various healing properties. Cinnamon has anti inflammatory properties. Cloves improve digestion. Pepper corns are immunity boosters. Cumin seeds are rich in iron and helps to fight cancer.Coriander seeds are beneficial for people suffering from diabetes and heart problem.
Desi Ghee (Gir Cow) – Made by Traditional Hand Churned Method
Has a very rich texture and taste. Traditionally prepared ghee from Desi Cows (Gir Cow) by a yoga teacher/ Ayurvedic expert locally in Bangalore. Ghee is prepared early morning hygienically in a stainless steel container.
Since it is made out of pure raw cow milk with no other addition, the ghee in general will have a layer formation in the bottom (unlike the ones made from homogenised milk available in market.) We have shortlisted this ghee for our customers after possibly curating from 6 other ghees.
Do NOT refrigerate.
Groundnut Oil (Cold pressed)Groundnut Oil (Cold pressed)
Extraction by industrial methods, involves various processes like bleaching, steaming, distillation and hydrogenation – the seeds are exposed to extremely high temperatures to get clear bland oil and chemicals like phosphoric acid, calcium hypo chlorite are added to increase the shelf life of the product which in turn affects not only the flavor and aroma but also strips the oil of all its nutritive values. The more refined an oil is the less nourishing it will be for our bodies. Before refined oils we were traditionally using cold pressed oils- in our local terms, Chekku ennai/Ghani tel”. No heat or minimal heat was used for crushing/pressing the seeds and the process of production was simple without the addition of any solvent. The end product, thereby was qualitative with nutrients intact – making it ideal for cooking.
Benefits of using organic cold pressed oils:
Unprocessed – No added preservatives and chemicals Absolutely free of pesticides (which are arguably carcinogenic) High in Vitamin E and micro nutrients that are vital for our holistic well-being. Completely free from Trans-fat. Retains antioxidants. As it is manually filtered, it is more viscous and retains the flavour fully.
Ground nut oil from sun dried ground nuts, good source of plant sterols – helps in reducing heart disease rich in antioxidants thereby protects against cancer. Cold pressed groundnut oil is rich in MUFA. It is free of trans fat. The smoke point of cold pressed groundnut oil is around 160 degree Celsius.
Hand Pounded Sona Masuri Brown RiceHand Pounded Sona Masuri Brown Rice
Comes from an award winning farmer in Andhra. Brown rice is a nutritious whole grain with only it’s inedible outer husk removed. Unlike white rice It still retains it’s nutrient rich bran and germ. It is high in fibre, low in fat and is easy to digest.
How to cook it :
Method 1, Pressure cooker:
- Wash and soak desired quantity of brown rice for 30-45 mins in hot water. Add 2.5 to 3 cups of water to 1 cup of brown rice; 3 cups water for those who like the rice to be soft.
- Place the vessel in a pressure cooker and secure the lid. Cook on high flame till about 5-6 whistles, turn the flame to sim for about 5 mins and put the gas off.
Himalayan Pink Salt PowderHimalayan Pink Salt Powder
Table rock salt is a natural salt which is unrefined, unprocessed “raw” salt that’s hand-mined. This salt contains close to 84 minerals amongst which are traces of iodine in its natural form and is safe for normal consumption. It has high quantity of minerals with no chemicals and additives. It also acts as a medicinal salt which is ideal for the human body with tremendous health benefits.
Amongst other benefits, it is ideal for development of children’s bones, BP patients, blood sugar control, aides the digestive system and also recommended for pregnant woman.
Raw unpasteurized honey in its purest form. Since it is unpasteurized, it retains all the goodness & nutrients, but it will have a tendency to form crystals (which will look like sugar granules) during cold season. In case it crystallizes, just keep it in sunlight or warm water. Do NOT microwave.
Honey taste and colour will vary from batch to batch depending on the season and the bee hive it is extracted. These are raw unprocessed honey, so it will be given as is after filtering for impurities.
Storage: Do NOT Refrigerate. Store in room temperature.
Source: This honey comes from Nilgiris Forest in Tamilnadu.